Monday, October 2, 2017

Watch Conference

Hey Yall!

I hope general conference was enjoyable to you. I cannot believe how much the meaning of it has grown since I've been on a mission. To think that I use to moan and groan about Saturday sessions, and not even watch them, as well as just sleep and ignore the Sunday sessions. What was I thinking!? The words of living prophets and I decided it wasn't worth my time to set aside Saturday and Sunday to listen. Thank goodness I got the wake up call! This conference was especially hope giving. I love that we can go and amidst a world of turmoil and apostasy the messages of the prophets are similar. Hopeful, pointing to the savior, counseling to be with people, not with screens. To trust in God, and apply those to daily living in our time. 

I loved the talks given by Elder Holland, Elder Hillstrom, Elder Callister, and President Uchtdorf. Really I loved most of them, it was like they all combined into one coherent message for me and I'm grateful for inspired words. 

This week my silly moment was I was mopping up after service at the food pantry we do. While doing so the mop bucket got tipped over and gallons and gallons of water over the floor. I got a ton of teasing for that but it was funny. We spread it over the entire floor to utilize it cause it was all gonna get mopped anyway. The head person walked in later after it was all cleaned up and said how it has never smelled so good in the food pantry and asked how we did that! Everyone was eager to tell them elder Hiatt decided to dump the mop bucket on the ground. So it was great. 

Transfers are today and I'm excited to see what they bring. Hopefully I stay in this area longer than 1 transfer as is the ongoing theme recently.

Cool fact too, I noticed I had the same tie elder Stevenson had on for his talk Saturday! So yeah, get on my level. 

All I can say is if any missed conference, please watch it. These types of things are such a blessing to be a part of and have in our day. I testify of the men and women that lead us. The prophet Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, I am seeing his words fulfilled in my life as I read the book of Mormon more intensely. I know it to be the word of God because I am closer to him than ever before and see the strength and joy that comes. 

Utilize the words said in this conference, for they are the words of Christ. He knows each of his people individually. He prepares his servants to address each and everyone one of them in some way. So please utilize those words. Let the spirit in, open your heart and find the real ongoing power of God in these latter days. 

I love you all!

Love Elder Hiatt




No comments:

Post a Comment