Monday, July 18, 2016

DEDICATION

Hey y'all!

So this week has been really hot, because it's been tracting city.
Mostly because I went on two exchanges this week. One normal one where
I was with a new companion all day and the second was because my
companion elder Matheson went to the temple and I couldn't go because
we can only go every 6 months. So I barely know the area and that
exchange I had to lead doesn't know the area at all, and it was
great! The blind leading the blind.

So we seem to find people but never for us, they are always referrals
for the Spanish elders or something. But it is the Lord's work none
the less. There isn't much to report on though. The one thing that
comes to mind is this bike lock we found. I found a bike lock in a
closet and asked my companion if he had the code, he didn't. So I was
carrying it around with me and would always try to just find it out of
luck by guessing. We had a dinner appointment with a family that the
kids and the parents are pretty much geniuses. So I said, "I bet you
can't crack this code for me," and the kids faces lit up and snatched
it out of my hands. The thing was useless so I figured I'd never see it
again. On Saturday we get a text from the family, "code cracked! Come
by whenever to get it!" So we ride over there and low and behold I
have a bike lock for free now! I asked how they figured it out and
they literally started at 0000 and went through the possible
combinations in order until they reached 1916. That's some dedication.

The spiritual thoughts I've had this week are on repentance. How
important and liberating is repentance? Sometimes that word is scary,
mainly because change is scary and that's what it is. A change from
doing the bad to following Christ. But the thing I discovered is the
importance of PROPER repentance. One of Satan's lies is that when we
do something wrong, we can work our way out of it. We fall into the
trap that essentially we can work our way to heaven. WHY DO SUCH
A THING?!? Our Savior said this, "for my yoke is easy and my burden is
light." The Savior provided a way to relieve our sins and not work
ourselves into the dust! When we take upon us His Atonement and allow
it in our lives, it becomes easy, and our burden is made light. It
will take some work and faith unto repentance, but this work is not to
be a burden, but when we take His yoke upon us Alma says, "there can be
nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." We are not in this life
to suffer, men are that they might have joy. God loves us and has
provided this for us. Utilize it in meekness and lowliness of heart.
Christ did this FOR YOU. Repent! How great is His joy in the soul that
repenteth! We all need to and the sooner we do, the sooner the
blessings can flow, who wouldn't want to feel such exquisite and sweet
joy daily? Just repent.

I love you all and hope all goes well.

Drew is a lucky duck man! And awesome about the purse! Courtney's
gotten a ton of stuff from there, they're pretty awesome. Everyone
seems to have gone to concerts this week. I'm jealous. Have fun at the
family reunion and give everyone my best! I love you!

Elder Hiatt

No comments:

Post a Comment