Monday, September 26, 2016

Thanks Mom!

Hey Mom!

This week has been awesome, and that talk I might have read a bit of it. It talked about how his wife let the missionaries in as a little girl. And how it was the last door on the 4th floor the missionaries knocked on. Way way cool.

So yeah I am now on my 5th companion of the mission which is insane! 2 in the MTC and 1 per transfer in the field. My new companion Elder Sorensen is awesome, unfortunately that baptism that I was at was one of Elder Sorensen's old investigators in a different area so I actually wasn't involved at all in the teaching but I was there. The bishop and his wife talked to us forever though and wanted a picture, they were really nice people. And Sister Smith always love taking pictures of us when there's a new guy so I'm glad you are getting em.

My new companion is on his last transfer so I'll have a new companion again in six weeks! The Lord is either trying to get something across to me or to them I'm not sure which yet. It sounds like the family is doing well and such. It's fun you went to Brandon's farewell I'm glad he's goin on a mission. That does remind me, so you don't have to allow it, but can Courtney be there when I skype on Christmas and Mother's Day? I hope you text her and hang with her still, she loves hanging out with you and since I'm not there to see movies with you and dad hates them, who better than her! But ya I had that thought.

I think you and Sister Smith here would be good friends. Maybe when I come back to visit the family should come with and you can meet them. They are awesome. They definitely have the southern accent and it's great.

I really like all the quotes you find, I don't think there is anyone who is as sensitive to the spirit as you in giving me the quotes I need. It helps a lot and I'm thankful for you mom. A lot of the stuff you taught me to be and do as a kid are really helping a lot now so thanks for helping me turnout to not be a slob. I don't know if I told you but pretty much our whole Ward here are attorneys so it's funny to see their conversations in comparison to yours based on whose point of view it's from.

Something I did want to tell you about that has been a huge huge blessing. So as you know I have been bumming off the Smith's extra bike for this area. Well sooner or later I'd need one and guess what, I have one now! Let me explain. My last companion Elder Christensen had a bike he got from another missionary that is a really really really nice bike. Well he is on his last two transfers and he's in a car area for them so he didn't need his bike anymore. I asked if I could buy the bike off him and bless his soul, he was like, "no you can't but you can have it." I told him there was no way he could just give me his bike but he insisted no matter how much I persisted. So I don't know what you've been praying for or what happened but the Lord has provided. I really tried to do something for Elder Christensen but he refused it and told me he was leaving his bike here no matter what and wanted me to have it and ride it. What a blessing!

I love you mom! Your the best and I'm thankful for everything you've taught me. God definitely blessed me with the best mom to come down to. Give Molly a big hug for me.

Cam

PS could you send me a picture of my assassin drawing? And for future, a light brown belt and shoes, the ones that are in style with blue slacks and stuff these days, would be super cool. Not anytime soon but if you're ever itching to get something.

No comments:

Post a Comment