Monday, September 12, 2016

Goals



Hey y'all!

This week was a slow one. My companion Elder Christensen got sick and we had to stay inside to help him get better. So during this time I had a lot of time to study and watch things like the restoration and the testaments.

What I do wish to share is the power of writing down goals and plans. Goals and plans really help in life a ton. When we write them down it shows the Lord our real intent. We then think it out and show our plans to reach them. After that the Lord really brings you higher than ever and helps you reach your goals. I started setting goals that I wanted to complete to improve and after setting plans everything fell into place. How amazing it is to show our real intent and how the Lord blesses us with help and strength to complete the goal. I would invite you all to try it out. Write them down and review it often. You will reap the rewards and come closer to Christ as you seek righteous goals.

Dallas Daze

So this week we did some more service and a tool that I thought was amazing is what I want to talk about. It's called a hammer shot, we were framing this other wall and had to shoot nails into concrete. So this member pulls out this night stick looking thing. What it is I found out is the barrel of a .22 gun that you hit the back of with a hammer and it fires off a blank that shoots a nail into the ground like a bullet. Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. Didn't get to use it obviously because mission rules but fun to watch.

Sorry about the short letter! Just know that this gospel is true! That Christ really does love and he is leading this church today. That repentance is our way to salvation and we shouldn't fear it. I love you all and hope everyone has a great week.

Elder Hiatt



On Sep 11, 2016, at 7:59 PM, Tisha Hiatt <tishahiatt@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Cam:

I don't know if you remember Sept 11, 2001 or not but today is the anniversary of when the twin towers in NY were hit by terrorists as well as the Pentagon and Flight 93 when some of the passengers overtook the terrorists and crashed the plane into a field.  Kind of started this whole terrorist mess we are in now.  But I am grateful for the people that have helped defend our country since that time and the people that responded to help those that survived.  Crazy to think that was 15 years ago.

So, did you get my package with your books in it and a little surprise.  Hopefully you did.  In the surprise was an awesome letter from Drew.  He put so much effort into it.  Haha, not.  Don't ya love the Hi.....Love, Drew.  He is such a nerd.  This year seems to be going better for him at school.  He seems to not be daydreaming as much and focusing more at school.  He doesn't have a lot of math to do in the evenings and is getting most of his work done at school.

Molly's eyes were really gross and I had to take her to the vet on Thursday.  They prescribed some eye ointment and an antibiotic.  Well most dogs like hot dogs and that is what you hide the pill in and they eat and all is well.  Go figure that dumb bean doesn't like hot dogs.  So I have been using little pieces of bread and making bread pills with the pill hidden in the middle.  That works like a charm.  She is so weird.  She is doing good though and her eyes are just fine now.  I was cutting up apples to have with dinner and she came running and begging for them.  Of course, I had to share with her.  Goofy dog.

Dad's diet is going well.  His feet seem to be getting better.  I think its more the electrical stim on his feet (shock therapy like they do on your back at the chiropractor) than anything.  But the healthy eating isn't bad either.  It's basically lots of fruits and vegetables, meat, no bread or refined white grains yet.  At the end of the 30 days he can have beans, brown rice and add a few other meats in.  So we have all been eating a little better.  That syrup lemon juice drink wasn't terrible but glad that is over with.

So you have to tell me if those cookbooks I sent have been a help or not.  Just curious.  And let me know if you need anything k.

Uncle Jake has been out of a job for about 4 weeks.  He has been interviewing and submitting applications.  Well he has had 4 interviews with Gamestop.  Yes I said Gamestop.  Apparently they are a Fortune 300 company and they also own the tech divisions of Spring Mobile and Simply Mac if I understand Dearie correctly.  They want a final interview with him and are flying him to Salt Lake for an interview on Thursday.  They are really hoping he gets this job because they will be able to move back to Utah.  VERY EXCITING!!!!!  Yes, I am a little excited.  So we have been praying that they will get a good job that will be good for their family and hopefully move back to Utah.

All is well on the home front.   Honestly, kind of the same old same old.  I did read a good article in the Ensign this month on missionary work.  It is Seeking Etiene.  It was kind of about following promptings and not letting opportunities pass you by.

Love you Cam and let me know if you need anything.  Hope you are enjoying that yummy BBQ food and all is well with your investigators.  We pray for you and them.

Love you!!

Mom

Quote for the day/week that was on the Mormon Channel: In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer I have overcome the world.  John 16:33
Drew and Haden are both loving golf a lot. Sorry about your companion. Tell I said to feel better and I will pray for his quick recovery. There is just the one cookbook.  Dad is jealous about the bread for sure. Haha you're such a turkey.
I'm glad the tie looks good.
Love ya!!
Hey Mom,

Yes I didn't even realize it was 9/11, I don't remember it specifically but I know plenty about it since I seem to be a source for conspiracy theorists to argue with and many have tried to tell me
many ridiculous things on the subject during my high school classes. So ya I'm glad you reminded me because I didn't even remember. It's good to hear about Molly too, that's funny she doesn't like hot dogs. Since when are dogs picky? Least she likes bread though. I bet dad is jealous she gets bread and he doesn't. I'm glad Drew is doing better too. There is a kid in e Ward named drew that is pretty much the same exact kid but he is 5 or so. They call him drewby and everything too so dinner was a Deja Vu kinda deal. The cookbooks I haven't used just yet but I plan to, I only have the one? I don't remember a second one. But I did get the tie and little books and that is a solid tie. Matches my gray suit so well it should be illegal. Tell Jake if he gets this job there better be some benefits for extended family in purchases as a faithful member of GameStop hehehehehe. That's awesome though they might get to move back to Utah.

Tell Drew I love him and I'll write him a big letter when I get more than a Hi haha, no he's awesome. I heard he has been into golf and such, how's he liking it? My zone leader is a way good golfer and thinks more people should play it.

My week has been slow. My companion has been sick so I've been trying to help him get better and such but doin well.

Love you mom!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment