Monday, January 1, 2018

Love they Neighbor

Hey Yall!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was awesome. Thanks for everyone who got me a gift! I really appreciate it!

This week was amazing, and cold!  It's been in the 20s with high humidity so it's pretty  much like no layering helps for the sole fact that it's cold from the inside out. It cools your blood down in your feet and legs and circulates that to the rest and it's really just terrible. Humidity is of the devil.

We have had some excellent moments this week. We felt prompted to go see a lady that worked at a salon near us and so biking over there we locked our bikes up and this guy gets out of a car and is all, "ELDERS! Hey! Can I buy yall lunch? I'm not a Mormon but my aunt is and I can't thank yall enough for who you are. Can I do that?" So of course we had some awesome lunch at jersey Mike's subs (I HIGHLY recommend the number 8 Mike's way, subs of any other kind pale in comparison to that place). So there was that, then the lady we saw was working today and we had a fantastic chat with her about spiritual topics and she looks at us and is all, "your hair needs hair cut, it's been a while since you saw a good barber huh (she was someone I went to in prosper that is less active but got really close with her and her husband, she gave me haircuts for free and I'd never had a better one so this was a great surprise.) so we let her do that and talked with her even more . missionaries haven't been seeing them since and so it was really good to get contact again it them. So that was a hand of God experience there. 

We also had two families with non members come to church and later spent new years with them and the father of the second was really appreciative we followed the prompting to come see them and how awesome it was to have us. It was so cool to have God see fit to use us the way he has been. I can't glory in him enough!

We had a day this week I was on exchanges with my district leader that was SO DANG COLD. He and I resorted to going back to our apartment early because it was a little dangerous. But we got to see some awesome people that day and have a wonderful day as well. So it's been fun. 

I have never been happier in my entire life and its all because of mercy from repentance and seeking to love our neighbor. There's nothing greater than the joy that comes. I love this.

Side note, my black Year is over! (The year I spend fully as a missionary) so that is nuts to consider. 

Love yall!




No comments:

Post a Comment