Monday, January 8, 2018

Loving People is Most Important

Hey Yall!

This week was a slow one. Battling motivation is a real battle but we are the masters of our own fate and our area just exploded with some astounding blessings and people.

I'm sorry I haven't done a Dallas Daze in forever. I really have run out of things and so why best a dead horse ya know?

We got evacuated for a fault fire alarm in our building and got to meet all our neighbors in the coldest dang day ever so that was grand. I'll attach a photo.

So the highlight of the week was we had a meeting with our bishop in one of the wards and discussed the work he'd like from us which was good because everyone's been out of town and finally our leaders are back. I felt like the army of Antipus and how they were confused because of the loss of their leaders. So we discussed things and then he asked if we'd give our Testimonies so the ward can see us and pray for us by name. So we figured we'd do it in all three. So we did and I felt to share different things in each ward and I feel like a testimony has to come from the heart which means you gotta open up a little personally to really bring the spirit otherwise it's just vain repetitious words. So I shared some of my struggles of reading and praying for a year and a half and still not getting an answer and how I eventually received one. Then another ward I talked about the importance charity has taken in my life. Then another I said how I grew up and really didn't believe how I talked like I did. All round just being real. I wondered if it did anything and such. Well we got a call from a bishop and he talked about how there was a less active who has just barely been wanting to come back and his wife and kids aren't members. He wanted them to take the lessons but his wife is really uncomfortable with elders and doesn't like their pushiness and such. Well they were at church this Sunday coincidentally and he requested to meet with the bishop and said and quote from what my bishop told us "He said he looked at his wife and said that these are the elders that are suppose to teach us, let's get em over here." So they're hesitant but ready. I am totally astounded the way God works through us, cause I don't feel worthy of that kinda thing but the spirit carried our words to people. So Elder Black and I have really recommitted and repented so we can give the proper time to this family because they deserve our 100%. That was the biggest thing this week and I can't believe how the Lord's hand is in my life these days. Ever since I've sought love and love only I've become more obedient, filled with joy, and stuff like this is becoming regular. As a really good friend said to me, Missionary isn't suppose to be like a corporate business, it's suppose to be personal, genuine experience. It's suppose to be love filled. Like really all missionary work is is first experiencing the truth of the gospel for yourself, and then just giving a crap about someone else and they'll eventually see like,"why the heck does this person love people so much, what do they have I don't." And then you share your experience with them and the spirit carries it home. I have never been so happy. This is what I think President Monson tried to teach through his life. I genuinely feel like the greatest lesson I learned form him and I'll say it over and over because it's changed how I see life. "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." I've typed that much my iPad auto corrects it for me. Seriously all this life is is to follow the greatest commandments, love God and love everyone else. But that's my spiel. I glory in God for how merciful he has been to use a rust tool and work through it. I don't feel worthy of the blessings he gives me but I know that I am clean, and if you can say that then the blessings of heaven are around you. That's what christ came to do, so get clean and feel this joy, then go give a crap about someone else and let them know they are loved and they can be clean too. 

Love 
Elder Hiatt

No comments:

Post a Comment