Monday, April 2, 2018

Shoe Shine

Hey Yall! 

Hope your week was good with the awesome opportunity to see general conference! I tried out writing down questions and seeing if they would be answered and it was really cool to be able to both have talks answer specifically as well as have the spirit inspire answers to me. It was a great weekend.

This week was not a crazy eventful one. Doing some sweet yoyo tricks, teaching some sermons at the prison like nursing home, and helping investigators progress! At the nursing home most of the people are nuts so we decided it didn't much matter what we prepared to give a sermon on so long as it was about Christ so we discussed Christ coming to America. It's amazing how so many people are so accepting and rejoice at the truth when they aren't locked off in heart and mind beforehand. It went super well. 

We had a great lesson with a guy named Clarence too. I have been praying earnestly for the gift of charity for people, and when we were teaching this lesson Clarence at the end said, "man we just met, but I feel like I know you and you've know me for years." 
Letting people know you pray for them and you truly care really is a powerful thing. 

Being a district leader seems to be good. I think I'm doing well? Missionaries say so so I'll go with that.

We shined some shoes I had not shined my whole mission and the difference is astonishing.

But ya! Was a good week. 

Love yall!

Elder Hiatt


No comments:

Post a Comment