Monday, April 9, 2018

The Lord Provides

Hey Yall!

This week was a great week. We went one exchanges with the zone leaders and it went much better than I had thought it would. We taught like 8 lessons that day. It was pretty cool. We also had a lot of meals fall from heaven this week. Our dinner calendar got snagged by the relief society president (I don't know why clipboards magically disappear into their bag but they do WAY TOO OFTEN) and so we didn't have dinners at all scheduled this whole week. But we had one each day. A member  saw a walking around one day and stopped and took us with him to a seafood grill where we had some fried catfish that was
quite good, we then with the zone leaders got a random dinner invite and ended up having some amazing Mexican food that I ate way too much of. It came back with a vengeance! We then got invited to lunch by the same dude who took us to get catfish to have street tacos at this place and it was also amazing. Beef fajita meet is the best just for everyone's info when they get street tacos. The thing is, if you ever wonder if your Mexican food is authentic? I shall say again, it came back with vengeance. Real Mexican food is so good but it's a reward risk type thing here. We then got taken to a super good burger place called bottle cap alley. At the end of that dinner I was doing magic tricks for people tying it into the parable of the talents and life half the restaurant was watching, it was super fun. Utilize your talents for missionary work people! We just were provided for miraculously is the message here and it was great.

We had an investigator who has been wanting to be baptized and been being taught for 4 months come to church for the first time last Sunday! I love the dude and it was so good to have him there. I feel like we begged the lord make than ever to soften his wife's heart and
to strengthen his to come. It was answered! Such a blessing.

It was a good week though, I've been pondering lately the worth of souls as it seems to be the theme of a lot lately of meetings I'm at. I think if we could understand a figment of our own worth, it'd allow us to understand the worth of those around us. For you can only love
your neighbor as much as you love yourself. Discovering our worth can be a process though, a process nonetheless I think would be good to go down. I also have been really taking president Nelson's talk seriously and hope everyone does as well to learn how to receive personal revelation. It's is key to these last days. Just go back and study
those talks, all of them. This conference is a turning point for the church in literally hastening the work. Don't skimp out now, the Savior is coming and I can testify  that living gospel standards, repenting to do so, and putting God first really does work. I fought
exactness my whole mission but you can do it "without compulsory means" as doctrine and covenants says. And when you do it in purity and love, you're life changes. Mine has.

I love you all!
Love Elder Hiatt

No comments:

Post a Comment