Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Cuddle Buddy








Hey Yall!

This week was a great week. We had some awesome happenings but most of
all, WE HAVE A BAPTISM THIS SATURDAY!

This will be one of the first ones I actually get to see through and
be there for! We are excited about it.

Dallas Daze

So this week nothing to absurd happened but I did have a cuddle buddy,
a very large one! We were at a recent converts house and he's got the
best dogs ever. His Rottweiler Zeus is a big pup but as friendly as
can be. He has taken a liking to me since I've been here and this week
wanted to listen to the lesson as close as he could and decided he
wanted to sit in my lap.....so I got to teach a lovely lesson with a
man's best friend chillaxing on me, he's a big dog and very slobbery!
I'll attach some pictures, I don't know what it is but dogs seem to
flock to me. But that's no issue with me! Oh! And we were at the
library and this old lady was totally knocked out in a chair reading
it was hilarious.

We spent a lot of time helping out a member who is building us a
house, and by building I mean paying for the materials and over the
past 8 months having missionaries build it. It came to a stand still
cause missionaries for a while didn't know how to do anything on it,
when I got here, it needed drywall and backer board (basically drywall
for showers), taping and mudding and everything a house needs from
there. So he's having a tile guy put in the tile this week and we
decided we wanted to be of service and not make him miss the deadline,
so seeing as how I've done this kinda stuff, we spent last Monday and
a couple days this week working with people and getting this drywall
up and mudding done. We even called in our district Saturday for extra
hands and I taught them how to mud and we went at it! I honestly love
doing this stuff, everyone had the "man this sucks but I'm happy to
serve someone" face with me "man I should do this for a living" face.
It was awesome. It's almost done! It's only 200 Sq ft but it's gonna
be an extremely nice and we'll out together place, no more ghetto
apartment! But we haven't moved in yet so we will see.

We got dropped by a lot of our investigators this week and that was
sad, but no worries because our boy Al showed through! After trying to
visit members in various apartment complexes and getting kicked out
before we could knock for setting foot on the property (they said we
aren't allowed to visit our members.....like really? #Constitutional I
swear some people hate missionaries too much) and reenacting star wars
and being told, "I am not the man you're looking for, he moved to
uh.....Kentucky....with his dad...." When clearly they are them cause
they have their business truck literally parked right there with his
name on it, and having potentials call and drop us, the shining moment
was Sunday. Sunday was fantastic. We first got to speak and I felt
very good about my talk, it's like the Lord just handed me words to
say. The spirit must have spoke cause I got many comments for it, when
I really didn't do it, but it went fantastic. Well we needed our
investigator Al at church or he couldn't get baptized Saturday. Well
sacrament starts....no Al. Opening song and exercises.....no Al.
Sacrament is passed.....no Al. Elder Dertina starts his talk.....no
Al. But then! The hallway is graced by a unfamiliar presence.....Al
sets foot in the hallway! He makes his way in and we gave our talks.
After sacrament we headed to gospel principles and kinda took over
cause Al still needed 1 more lesson before he could have an interview
(which we didn't realize we needed to do that day until right then[I
just have never gotten this far so I kinda space it]) and we taught
the commandments and it was AWESOME. Everyone participated really
well. Al wants to pay tithing and set up his bank account to do it
automatically. Then we went to priesthood, that was about taking upon
us the name of Christ and what that means. We called the District
leader and they dropped everything and we had the interview a bit
after church. It went awesome. And now we have a baptism scheduled and
he wants to go to the temple soon after. So things are awesome. Sunday
was just choreographed by God, it was awesome.

Also met my ward mission leader finally. He's legit, we are like the
same people. Same interests, same physique, same hair styles when I
grew mine out. The first thing I noticed his gaming PC and apparently
I'm the first one to ever notice. We talked about that for a while,
then found out he builds all their furniture so we talked about that,
and it was just awesome.

This week was well! I hope everyone else's was too!

Love
Elder Hiatt

No comments:

Post a Comment