Monday, August 28, 2017

Holy Guacamole


Hey Yall!

My goodness I'm a vagabond. I have been transferred once again! I am  now in Rowlett, Texas bordering where I actually first came out. So that's cool, my companion is Elder Hadley who was the 3rd of the trio I had in the MTC! So it's kinda fun being with him again, makes the "get to know you" phase a ton easier.

This new area is a car share area cause elder Hadley's back is really bad from various car wrecks and breaking when he was younger. So sometimes we bike, then the days the sisters don't need the car we get to use it, so it's pretty fun.

I strolled into the area with two baptisms goin on Saturday so that was cool, they were able to be confirmed and things are working well! I felt bad cause I was about as alert as a sloth Sunday so the ward hopefully doesn't think I'm a boring shy missionary, I was just trying to keep my eyes open all day 😂.

The house we live in is awesome, it has a full weight set and a bench so I can actually do my workout without improvised ways to do an incline bench press. So that's going awesome as well!

Dallas Daze

So news I'm sure everyone wants to hear about first is we did indeed get TONS of rain from our boy Harvey. It was ridiculous. But no crazy damage, thank goodness. It has been overcast for days now which is unusual. But nice cause it's cooler weather, humid as heck though. When Lehi talked about the mists of darkness he was referring to Texas
humidity. The other awesome thing is we do service at this cool food pantry and they like us there a lot. I had to bag these nasty carrots. I'm sure they were edible but I never knew carrots were so nasty before they are all cut nice and such. This dude in charge also overheard me say I like guacamole and gave us a box of 60 avocados so we are utilizing that well 😁😁. Talk about Texas hospitality, FINALLY.

Weeks goin good though, I appreciate your prayers beyond belief. Trials never cease on the mission cause your always growing and when you don't think you can handle it and then look back and see somehow you got through it, a feeling comes that it's the prayers of those you love sending that help. One of my favorite quotes applies I think,
"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." I know this first hand and appreciate it.

I learned this week a cool little experience. I was really needing some answers and as I went to church it seemed as I was searching, the meetings were set up seemingly to be exclusively for me but as I look back they were as normal as ever. What made it special as my mindset and preparation. Sundays genuinely can be a delightful and edifying
experience if you let them be. I hope you'll keep that in mind and see what the Lord can do for you this next Sunday.

I love yall!

Elder Hiatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment