Monday, August 14, 2017

Keep Records

Hey Yall!

This week has been great. The Dallas Daze this week is a rousing Bible study we ended up being in after trying to find and investigator. We came in and they welcomed us warmly, it was a non denominational Bible study and the pastor was actually very good, he didn't teach anything false at all! But he did thrown in subtle jabs at us being mormons of course. We assimilated very well in the group and were studying in Roman's. We referenced a lot of scriptures from the Bible trying to be casual and non confrontational. It was really good and everyone was actively participating. Well we began talking about how we should first study the word before we teach it, and they were all scrambling for analogies or verses that applied and the Bible jsut doesn't have any. Well I felt prompted to share D&C 11:21 with them. I said, "one of my favorite scriptures actually says...." And quoted it and man it was like I was breathing fire, they all like started hoopin and clapping and saying amen and the pastor was clapping and is all, "man may boy say that one more time let's hear the word of the lord again, amen brother!" So I quote it again and someone asks the fateful question, "where is that found I wanna mark that!" OH man the pastors face clicks and he realizes that that isn't a Bible verse. And begins back peddling. We were able to teach about what we believe and it went super well. Hilarious too! The words Lord's have power indeed!

This week was really go though. We got some sweet cups a member made for us and that was way cool. They hold ice for like a day and a half. It's sweet. 

I had a really awesome study this week pondering on personal evidences I have of the reality of God and how I know him to be real. I encourage everyone to think about it, cause it's really imperative we remember these experiences. Our roots fade if we don't remember them. And I remembered some experiences I had almost forgotten about but this time I've written them down. There is true power in keeping records, I understand why we do it lately and I hope everyone will. 

You can start by asking yourself this question and writing an answer, be as detailed as you'd like. 

Many witnesses in heaven and in earth testify of God’s existence. What evidences of God and His love have you experienced?

I hope everyone had a good week. 

Love yall!
Elder Hiatt.






No comments:

Post a Comment