Monday, August 8, 2016

Serving Others

August 8, 2016


Hey mom,

So I'll send you one before the big one you can just delete it out of the forward, but ya that new car sounds awesome. We have a lot of 2016 vehicles here and they are so so nice. We twisted some arms and got a car for this weekend and it's been so awesome. Except the people here drive like maniacs.

Drew, happy birthday buddy! Though I bet it's not fun with school, excited for it? That's crazy man you better keep growing man, gotta be tall like me!

But ya I spent some money at McDonald's, I grabbed the wrong card so sorry about that haha. But ya is there any other good foods we can make? Love you mom, don't send gum btw we can't chew gum, mints are best.

Tell everyone that I didn't get transferred so packages can come now. Love you mom and hope everything's well, give Molly a hug for me.

Love ya mom

Hey y'all!

This week was the last week before transfers! So we had a few exchanges this week and I am amazed at how much I learned. The first exchange was with elder Hewitt in which Dallas Daze happened. But I'll say that later. Staying in a cockroach infested apartment was amazing but he cockroaches are way smaller compared to the ones in St. George so it wasn't bad. But I got a car for a day!! What a blessing AC really is. I'm not kidding either. On a bike you basically just get to the point where your soaked but you have joy in doing the work, it is such a blessing to not have to walk everywhere! People hand out water like its free here too and we are super blessed in that aspect.

This week was very influential in my view of charity. Charity is something that we MUST have and I wanted to know how to really develop it. Some times it is very hard to get along with people, to see past strangers appearances, to step into the shoes of others, to not be critical, and to serve others unconditionally. But it is truly
miraculous when you try. This week I wanted to develop it more so I started with service. When I felt irritated or anything instead of thinking all these situations in my head out and getting angrier, I tried to replace it with service, no matter how small the act. Only a week and already I've begun to understand that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass (Alma 37:6)." You really begin
to love those you serve. So put your pride aside and get on it! Pride is truly the downfall of too many and it's a plague that needs to be stopped. I invite all who read this to see what you can do for someone else each day this week. If you love God and wish to do works that show such, for faith without works is dead, then serve someone, anyone! Especially those who you get frustrated with and you will
begin to love, to develop charity. "17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God (Mosiah 2)." What a blessing it is to serve others.

Dallas Daze.

So this week during exchanges with Elder Hewitt, we met a guy that went by LZ. He had talked to the senior sisters in the past about how he sees demons and fights them daily. So we finally met him and talked with him about it. He described how demons come and he uses his bible as a spell book basically to cast spells to fight the demons. For instance, he told us one of his favorite spells is the Ezra spell found in the book of Ezra....or the resurrection spell works good too. He also uses weapons and extended weapons found in Joshua and casts these spells to fight off demons. This poor man truly was paying way too much mind to Satan! He was truly lost and we felt so sad but it was quite hard not to laugh as he explained this to us. But the spirit took over and really hit home when we talked about how when we read the Bible and the Book of Mormon, our focus should be in Christ and the feelings through the spirit that lead and guide us. We need to read to better understand the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we can better follow it. So when we pay heed to Satan, we are giving him exactly what he wants, attention. Don't do it! As we told LZ, stop it! Find what Christ our redeemer has for you! Not Satan!

I love you all and I pray y'all are well. Never forget our Savior, remember him often. I know repentance is real and I say do not procrastinate the day of your repentance, Heavenly Father has joy in the soul that repenteth, and so will you in yourself. Don't withhold such joy! Repentance is the way to apply Christ's atonement. Repent! Repent! Repent! Please! Stay humble and follow Christ and you will be found spotless in the last day.

With love,
Elder Hiatt



No comments:

Post a Comment